Top UK University
Top UK university list and their short details are written here. England provide international quality education and is famous for its universities. There are many universities that surpass one another in terms of quality. We collect information from the Internet and various sources, and may change over time.
Oxford University is the oldest and most prestigious university in the world. This university has 44 colleges. Each hall has top scholars from all over the world. This university is the most preferred place for all the students all over the world. Its value is the highest in the world and students have to take their place through more competition. On an average, five people are accepted for each drop and one of them gets admission.
- Date of establishment: 1096; 925 years ago
- Address: Oxford OX1 2JD, United Kingdom
- Number of students- 24,525 I the year of 2019
- Famous students – Stephen Hawking, Oscar Wilde, Hugh Grant, J. R. R. Tolkien, Benzir Bhutto, David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Indira Gandhi, Theresa May, Percy Bysshe Shelley, T. S. Eliot, Adam Smith, Christopher Hitchens, Kate Beckinsale Rachel Maddow, Thomas Edward Lawrence and many other.
Discovery under the University –
A student at the university can do Honors in two subjects at the same time. Although such rules are in force in other countries, including the United Kingdom, such as Australia, Ireland, Canada. That is, if a student is able, he can do honors in two subjects at the same time. The university has a total of 250 bachelor’s degrees. The most prestigious degrees of this university are philosophy, politics and economics.
Most of the students live in college buildings or college-owned dwellings. All their entertainment or social and cultural activities are conducted around the college. Teachers teach undergraduates a variety of activities. All activities are primarily served by a specific centralized faculty.
Oxford has more than 100 libraries. Bodleian is the most famous museum among them. It was built in 1802. Oxford University Museum of National History Here are the remains of Dodo. The blackboard used by Albert Einstein is in the Museum of the History of Science Museum.
All the famous geniuses of the world have graduated from this university. More than 30 world leaders, 27 British prime ministers and 50 Nobel laureates were students of this university. The world famous stephen hawking, Hugh Gtant and Indira Gandhi graduated from this university.
University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is as old and prestigious as the University of Oxford. It is very close to the city of London.
- Date of establishment: 1209
- Number of students – more than 19,000
- Number of employees – more than 9000
- Notable alumni – Charles Darwin, Stephen Fry, Oliver Cromwell, Charles, Prince of Wales, Emma Thompson, Bertrand Russell, Rajiv Gandhi, J.J. Thomson, Francis Bacon, Lord Byron, Srinivasa Ramanujan, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Rachel Weisz, George VI, Edward VII, Vladimir Nabokov, David Attenborough
- Division – over a hundred
There are 31 colleges here. 13 colleges were established in the 13th century.
Especially famous for math skills. After completing his education from this university, a number of British scientists spread their fame. There are 11 Nobel laureate teachers associated with the university. Mathematicians have won a total of 11 medals in various competitions.
Achieving a bachelor’s degree from a university is very competitive. Students get education through lectures and supervision. Each student is taught with the utmost intimacy. This university workload is not so high. University museums and libraries are much richer. The library has a collection of medieval mannequins. The University Museum has a collection of ancient archeological specimens and zoological specimens.
The students of this university were many famous people in the world. Notable among them are Charles Darwin, David Attenborough, Jane Goodall, actress Olivia Coleman, many politicians, Royals and Cultural personality.
Imperial College London
Imperial College London has consistently been ranked among the best universities in the world. And this for science, technology, engineering, medicine and business.
College is renowned all over the world especially for its science, technology, engineering, medicine and business. It has ranked among the best top UK university in the world for its outstanding contributions. Initially it was merged with three colleges.
- Date of establishment- July 8, 1907
- Number of students – 18000 students
- Employees – 6000
- Notable alumni- H. G. Wells, Rajiv Gandhi, Brian May, Thomas Henry Huxley, Frederick Gowland Hopkins, Edoardo Angela, Andrea Crisanti, Kavin Bharti Mittal, Aarif Rahman, Piers Corbyn, Jessica Hsuan, Pallonji Mistry, Cyrus Mistry, Wu I-ding, Christos Staikouras, Huang Shih-hsiu, Conrad Sangma, Ella Al-Shamahi
- Contribution –
All the best scholars of the world teach the students. This university consists of 125 nationalities and more. Many scholars and top scientists, Nobel laureates, influential government advisers and policy makers have been created from this university. This university has contributed to various discoveries in science.
All of the university’s campuses are located in the vicinity of the city and near Kensington Palace in Chelsea. The university’s famous student writer H. G. Wells and physician Sir Liam Donandson are most famous to the world.
ULC is a renowned top UK university. Here students were admitted for the first time irrespective of class, caste or religion. The spiritual founder of the university was Jeremy Bentham. In his philosophy, both boys and girls were given equal opportunity to study. This was the first time in the world that boys and girls were given the opportunity to study at the same time. This is the largest university in England.
- Establishment time – 1826
- Number of students -320 0n 2020
- Notable Students – Sara Tendulkar, Pietro Boselli, Dana Budeanu, Alexander Graham Bell, Christopher Nolan, Godai Tomoatsu, Steph McGovern, Junichiro Koizumi, Ash Sarkar, Hannah Fry, George Papadopoulos, Mark-Francis Vandelli, Ghazi Abdul Rahman Al Gosaibi, Nadhim Zahawi, Alsi Mega Marsha Tengker, Aseefa Bhutto Zardari, Po-Yee Cheung, Charli XCX, Lucy Punch, Emma Thomas, Kwame Nkrumah, Sharon White, Wang Sicong, Alena Buyx, Chris Martin, Gregory Wong, Ruby Tandoh
- Employees – 13,000 staff
- Address: Gower St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
- The main campus – Bloomsbury
- Most competitive subject – BSc in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (30 applications get chance for each subject)
Its main campus is located in Bloomsbury, in the heart of London
It is one of the leading universities in England, less than half of its students are from Europe. More students from outside Europe study here. If we do continental based calculations, we can see that more students from Asia study here. Many famous personalities were students of this university, among them were Mahatma Gandhi, Alexander Graham Bell, Chris Martin,
London School of Economics and Political Science
The university is famous mainly for its international students.
- Number of students- 11,850 in the year of 2018/19
- Founded- 1895
- Notable student – George Soros, Juan Manuel Santos, David Attenborough, Cherie Blair, Stelios Haji-Ioannou, B. R. Ambedkar. Giorgos Papandreou, David Rockefeller, Anne Applebaum, Tarō Asō, Janet Napolitano. Tsai Ing-wen, Daron Acemoglu, Pierre Trudeau, K. R. Narayanan, Anthony Kennedy, Martin Lewis, Ronald Coase, Edward Miliband, Romano Prodi, Shami ChakrabartiYvette Cooper, Peter R. Orszag,Kwame NkrumahRamsay MacDonald.
- Specialized subjects – law, economics, history, philosophy, and politics
Students or affiliates of this university get 28% Economics Nobel Prize every year. This university makes an important contribution in solving economic problems in the society.
The university’s main campus is located in the Clare Market area of London. to apply to the university it need minimum a grade.
The world famous person has given lectures in the public meetings of the university. They give lecture in various events of the university. The meeting held every year after completing studies from the university.
The main architect of the Indian constitution, B. R. Ambedkar, worked on a doctoral thesis at LSE
Top UK University
- 6- University of Edinburgh
- 7- King’s College London
- 8- University of Manchester
- 9- University of Warwick
- 10- University of Bristol
- 11- University of Glasgow
- 12- University of Birmingham
- 13- Queen Mary University of London
- 14- University of Sheffield
- 15- University of Southampton
- 16- University of York
- 17- Lancaster University
- 18- Durham University
- 19- University of Nottingham
- 20- University of Leeds